Award-winning commercial properties are a sight to behold. They’re well-maintained, aesthetically pleasing, and sustainable. But what makes a commercial property stand out from the rest? One key ingredient is trees.
Trees add beauty and curb appeal to any property, but they’re more than just decorations. Trees play an important role in creating a healthy and sustainable environment. They provide shade, clean the air, and improve water quality. They also help to reduce noise pollution and create a sense of privacy.
In addition to their environmental benefits, trees can also have a positive impact on a commercial property’s bottom line. Studies have shown that well-landscaped properties with mature trees can command higher rents and sell for more money.
Here are just a few of the ways that trees can help your commercial property achieve award-winning status:
Improve curb appeal and property value
Trees are one of the first things people notice when they look at a commercial property. Well-maintained trees can make a property look more inviting and professional. This is especially important for businesses that rely on foot traffic, such as restaurants and retail stores.
In addition, studies have shown that properties with mature trees can sell for up to 15% more than comparable properties without trees.
Create a sustainable environment
Trees provide a number of environmental benefits that can help your commercial property achieve award-winning status. For example, trees:
- Clean the air: Trees absorb pollutants from the air, such as carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxides. This can help to improve air quality and reduce smog.
- Improve water quality: Trees help to filter rainwater and prevent runoff. This can help to improve water quality in nearby streams and lakes.
- Reduce energy costs: Trees can provide shade in the summer and block wind in the winter. This can help to reduce energy costs for heating and cooling your building.
- Reduce noise pollution: Trees can help to reduce noise pollution from traffic and other sources.
Enhance employee morale and productivity
Studies have shown that employees who work in green spaces are more productive and have higher morale. This is likely due to the fact that trees and other plants can help to reduce stress and improve mood.
Attract and retain customers
Customers are more likely to patronize businesses that are located in attractive and well-maintained settings. Trees can help to create a more inviting and welcoming atmosphere for customers.
Studies have shown that trees can help to reduce crime rates. This is likely due to the fact that trees can improve visibility and make it more difficult for criminals to hide.
How to choose and care for trees on your commercial property
If you’re looking to improve your commercial property’s curb appeal, sustainability, and overall value, consider planting trees. When choosing trees for your property, it’s important to select species that are native to your region and that are well-suited to the growing conditions on your property. You should also consider the size and shape of the trees, as well as their flowering and fruiting habits.
Once you’ve planted your trees, it’s important to provide them with the proper care. This includes regular watering, fertilizing, and pruning. You may also need to protect your trees from pests and diseases.
If you’re not sure how to choose or care for trees on your commercial property, it’s a good idea to consult with a professional tree care service. A professional arborist can help you to select the right trees for your property and can provide you with the information and resources you need to keep your trees healthy and thriving.
Houston Trees: A Guide to Choosing and Caring for the Best Trees for Your Commercial Property
Houston is a great place to plant trees. The city has a warm climate and plenty of sunshine, which are ideal conditions for many types of trees. However, it’s important to choose trees that are well-suited to the Houston climate and soil conditions.
Here are a few tips for choosing trees for your commercial property in Houston:
- Select trees that are native to Texas or the Gulf Coast region. These trees are more likely to be adapted to the Houston climate and soil conditions.
- Choose trees that are tolerant of heat and drought. Houston summers can be hot and dry, so it’s important to choose trees that can withstand these conditions.
- Avoid trees that are susceptible to pests and diseases. Some trees are more prone to pests and diseases than others. It’s important to choose trees that are resistant to these problems.